General Service Level Agreement
1. All Things Web guarantees 99.97%+ availability of shared services. "Shared Services" are defined as any services provided by All Things Web to a Customers via server(s) that are not dedicated to that Customer (by means of Customer having contracted with All Things Web for the dedicated use of said server). Any failure by All Things Web to provide this level of availability can be remedied by credits to affected Customers accounts. Any amendments to our SLA will be made on this web page and announced in our newsletter.
Coverage; Definitions:2. This Service Availability Service Level Agreement (SLA) applies to you ("Customer") if you have ordered any shared services from All Things Web (the "Services"), if your account is current (i.e., does not have a past due balance) with All Things Web, or if the SLA is included in your Master Services Agreement with All Things Web (Since 2010). As used herein, the term "Availability" means the percentage of a particular month (based on 24-hour days for the number of days in the subject month) that all of your services are available for access by third parties, where such services may include access to your web sites via HTTP and HTTPS, access to files via FTP or SFTP, access to delivered email via POP, IMAP, and WebMail, access to send email via SMTP, access to email via MobileSync, and collection and processing of SecureForm data. Availability does not include access to services not purchased by your account or access to services suspended due to an actual or supposed violation of All Things Web's Acceptable Use Policy (T&C). Availability is measured by All Things Web's monitoring tools.
Service Level:3. Goal: All Things Web's goal is to achieve 100% Shared Service Availability for all customers.
4. Remedy: Subject to Exceptions and Credit Request and Payment Procedures below, if the Availability of customer's Service is less than 99.97% in any month, All Things Web will issue a credit to Customer in accordance with the following schedule, with the credit being calculated on the basis of the monthly service charge for the affected Services. Note that the affected Services may be only a subset of the services purchased by the client from All Things Web.
5. The SLA Credit Percentage is based on the type of shared service environment purchased by your account. Premium Environments have a stronger SLA than Basic Environments.
6. Credit Percentage
Service Availability -Down Time
- 99.97% - 100% less than 3hrs/mo* 0%
- 99.90% - 99.97% 7.2hrs - 3hrs 15%
- 99.90% - 97.00% 21.6hrs - 7.2hrs 25%
- 97.00% - 95.00% 21.6hrs - 3 days/mo 50%
- 89.90% & below more than 3 days/mo 100%
*Estimated times based on a 30-day month.
7. Customer shall not receive any credits under this SLA in connection with any failure or deficiency of Availability caused by or associated with:
circumstances beyond All Things Web's reasonable control, including, without limitation, acts of any governmental body, war, insurrection, sabotage, armed conflict, embargo, fire, flood, strike or other labor disturbance, interruption of or delay in transportation, unavailability of or interruption or delay in telecommunications or third party services, failure of third party software (including, without limitation, ecommerce software, payment gateways, chat, statistics or free scripts); attacks by viruses or hackers, including Distributed Denial of Service (dDoS) attacks against All Things Web's network; scheduled maintenance and system upgrades, or emergency maintenance; any DNS or Domain Registry issues outside the direct control of All Things Web including DNS and Registry propagation issues and expiration; customer's acts or omissions (or acts or omissions of others engaged or authorized by customer), including, without limitation, custom scripting or coding (e.g., CGI, Perl, HTML, etc), any negligence, willful misconduct, or use of the customer's account in breach of All Things Web's Master Services Agreement or Acceptable Use Policy; Acts or omissions of other customers (or acts or omissions of others engaged or authorized by other customers) sharing the affected server(s) with customer, including, without limitation, custom scripting or coding (e.g., CGI, Perl, HTML, etc), any negligence, willful misconduct, or use of the other customers' account in breach of All Things Web's Master Services Agreement or Acceptable Use Policy; issues with 3rd party email systems, including refusal or rejection of email by 3rd party mail systems; delays in email delivery; false SLA breaches reported as a result of outages or errors of any All Things Web measurement system; outages elsewhere on the Internet that hinder access to your account. All Things Web is not responsible for browser, DNS, or other caching that may make your web site or email appear inaccessible when others can still access it. All Things Web will guarantee only those areas of the Internet considered under the control of All Things Web: All Things Web servers' links to the Internet, All Things Web's routers, and All Things Web's servers themselves.
8. Customer shall only receive credits under this SLA if customer's contract (Master Services Agreement) with All Things Web includes a provision for this SLA in "Section 5. Limited Warranties", or if a special arrangement has been made between All Things Web and customer to amend their contract to include this SLA. Note that this SLA was introduced on Friday, May 21st, 2004, and any shared services account ordered after this date is covered by this SLA.
Credit Request and Payment Procedures:
10. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, the total amount credited to customer in a particular month under this SLA shall not exceed the total shared hosting fees paid by customer for said month for the affected Services. Credits are exclusive of any applicable taxes charged to customer or collected by All Things Web and are customer's sole and exclusive remedy with respect to any failure or deficiency in the Availability of customer's services.
Donate to Lyttelton
All Things Web Ltd grew out of the port town of Lyttelton where the earthquake epicentre was located. Our company still supports Lyttelton through the develoment and updating of community based websites in the town. Thankfully our company servers are located in Auckland. This has ensured news of Lyttelton has been able to be posted on the web without disruption to services.
I would like to encourage you to support Lyttelton by making a donation to Project Lyttelton
Project Lyttelton is an incorporated society and a not for profit charity devoted to improving the community and surrounds of Lyttelton and the Lyttelton Harbour communities. Visit the website for more details or donate directly to Project Lyttelton - 100% of donations will be used locally