How to edit articles in the Joomla CMS
How to create and edit an article in Joomla 1.5
Creating and editing an article in Joomla is very similar to editing a document in a word processor. The main point of difference is that the article is being edited on a remote server rather than on a desktop computer or laptop so all the actions take place in an internet browser rather than directly from your desktop.
To get started it is necessary to gain an overview of how Joomla works. Joomla.org has online instructions that are easy to follow:
- You must request a user name and password from your website administrator or webmaster
- Frontend login - a module in the website may be provided to give quick access to editing and adding articles
- Backend login - go to the address (http://put-your-sitename-here/administrator) enter your user name and password, this will log you into the control panel. From the Control Panel navigate to Article Manager and then choose an article to edit or create a new article. For more information consult the joomla instructions provided in the following links.
- more information - http://docs.joomla.org/Administrator_%28User%29
Editing an article
- Instructions - http://docs.joomla.org/Help15:Screen.content.edit.15
- Article manager overview - http://docs.joomla.org/Screen.content.15
Introducing the Joomla backend Control Panel (Cpanel)
- Instructions - http://docs.joomla.org/Screen.cpanel.15
Donate to Lyttelton
All Things Web Ltd grew out of the port town of Lyttelton where the earthquake epicentre was located. Our company still supports Lyttelton through the develoment and updating of community based websites in the town. Thankfully our company servers are located in Auckland. This has ensured news of Lyttelton has been able to be posted on the web without disruption to services.
I would like to encourage you to support Lyttelton by making a donation to Project Lyttelton
Project Lyttelton is an incorporated society and a not for profit charity devoted to improving the community and surrounds of Lyttelton and the Lyttelton Harbour communities. Visit the website for more details or donate directly to Project Lyttelton - 100% of donations will be used locally